BBQ Forum  
Go Back   BBQ Forum > Barbecue > Smokers & Cookers

Old 06-12-2014, 10:33 PM   #1
Notorious BFG mofukka

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Big green egg, good stuff or yuppie pansy bull****?

I been lookin at these ceramic komada cookers. I know the BGE kinda is the colt ar15 of ceramic cookers, but dayum, they spensive.
Any real man types here using one? Or can recommend one?, or one of the less expensive competitors? Is it all hype and bull****, do they suck and yuppies are just retarded? Let a brother know.
Thanks, BFG.
Notorious BFG mofukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #2
Bill h

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Big green egg, good stuff or yuppie pansy bull****?

I have never owned one but know a few people who have and they say the cooker is awesome. I would not spend that kind of money on it myself, that thing is way over-priced. Over the years I've scrapped tons of pre- fabricated grills and lsmokers and have come to the conclusion that if u want a pre-fab cooker that will last a few years of heavy use, you will pay out your ass. Bullet style smokers aren't my cooker of choice so I've decided to build me an indirect fired rig with some multi-purpose features. To hell with buying someone else's idea of what a cooker or smoker should be. Good luck
Bill h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #3
sonar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great grills for the backyard.

I've owned the Primo Oval Junior for the past six years. Compared to my Weber Kettle I'm using 1/3 of the charcoal with the ceramic grill, which saves me about $200 a year. So, if you're coming from the world of Weber Kettles a ceramic will pay for itself over a relatively short period of time.

Once you get past the learning curve a ceramic is close to a "set it and forget it" grill. Anyone that has cooked a low and slow on an 18.5 kettle grill will fall in love with a ceramic.

My longest cook was about 16 hours on a single load of coals, which I pulled (pork shoulder) with a little fuel left. My low and slows are predictably delicious and I can get a roaring 700 degree burn for caveman steaks in 15 minutes.
sonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:00 AM   #4
darth550

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I replaced my beloved Weber Performer with a Vision Kamado from Costco and I'll never look back. It does everything good!
darth550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #5
rtg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have the same Vision grill as you.It works as good as the BGE at a fraction of the cost.Used propane BBQ for years,before the switch.They really are versatile.
rtg is offline   Reply With Quote